Please enter a valid Email Address
The Delhi Elections witnessed a landmark result this year with the Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) sweeping victory. PropheSee analyzed the digital landscape leading up to the elections and here are some key trends:
- The Bhartiya Janata Party’s (BJP) social media audience growth was nearly double the total social media audience growth (Facebook, Twitter & YouTube) compared to the AAP.
- In terms of content strategy, The BJP also shared the most engaging election related social media content compared to the AAP or the Indian National Congress (INC).
- The HashTag Ballot represents the hashtag mentions for each party from February 6th – 8th, 2015. These dates represent the day before, of & after polling.
- In terms of the total hashtag mentions, we looked at the top 4 most used hashtags by each party on Twitter from Feb 6th – Feb 8th, 2015. AAP tracked first with over 3 Lakh mentions, outperforming total BJP hashtag mentions by nearly 3.6 times & total INC hashtag mentions by 120 times.
- In terms of the top performing political party-specific hashtags, #VoteForJhaddu (AAP) ranked first with 1.5 Lakh mentions. #AbKiBaarBediSarkaar (BJP) tracked second with 86K mentions – 1.74 times fewer mentions compared to AAP. #CongressKiDilli tracked third with 2.7K mentions – 55.56 times fewer mentions compared to AAP’s top performing hashtag.
← Introducing PropheSee’s Instagram Analytics.Digital Afterlife: Who Runs Your Facebook Account When You Pass Away? →